- Sets of Decanters
- A ELABORATE SUITE OF REGENCY PERIOD CUT GLASS FROM THE LAMBTON SERVICE
A ELABORATE SUITE OF REGENCY PERIOD CUT GLASS FROM THE LAMBTON SERVICE
This exceptional suite of Regency cut glass, consisting of pairs of elaborately cut decanters, bucket bowl goblets and wine rinsers. All are finely engraved to the front panel with the full coat of arms of John George Lambton, with the family motto 'LE LOUR VIENDRA' (The Day Will Come).
- Height 30.5 cm / 12 "
- Diameter 13.5 cm / 5 "
- Year 1823
- Country England
- Provenance Private collection London England
- Literature For further examples please Page 278 / 279 plate 391 / 392. The Decanter An Illustrated History of Glass from 1650 By Andy McConnell.
- EXHIBITIONS The service was made by Wear Flint Glass Co, Sunderland for John George Lambton British Ambassador to Berlin, Vienna and St Petersburg, and originally comprised of 239 pieces, another two services were also produced for the Marquess of Londonderry and the Darnell family's. The service was felt to be such a triumph in Glass making the company's tradesman's proud of these commissions paraded them through the streets of Newcastle upon Tyne and Gateshead.
- Condition 1 stopper of later date.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We will get back to you soon.
Please create wishlist to add this item to
© 2024 Fileman Antiques Ltd.WEBSITE BY SEEK UNIQUE